~

Welcome to my blog about health, nursing, caring, kindness and positive change. Our world is full of such negative influences and bad choices, today is the day to make a positive change both physically and mentally in your life.
ERNursesCare is a blog incorporating my nearly 30 years of experience in the healthcare field with my passion for helping others, I want it to encourage others with injury prevention, healthy living, hard hitting choices, hot topics and various ramblings from my unique sense of humor. Come along and enjoy your journey......

Friday, May 5, 2017

This Crazy Nurse Thing #nurses #heros




I never wanted to be a nurse.
I was a hyper theatre kid who ran around making people laugh; not much has changed.
When I was diagnosed as Type 1, I knew a BS in psychology wouldn't be getting me decent food, much less insulin. I had to do this crazy nursing thing, there wasn't a choice.
In 4 years I thrashed through the UCF program with honors, then sat myself in Susie Miller's office to beg for employment.
Another 4 years and I'm in love with this crazy nursing thing, which never stops being crazy. Never.
Lucky doesn't begin to describe me, the friends I've made, the palms I've squeezed, the lives brought in, the lives let go.
The most intense exercise in empathy, sprayed with your blood, drenched in my sweat, shook by your screams, sobered by your pain, strengthened by your calm.
This is the ultimate human experience, stripped bare. You sit alone, waiting for this hyper theatre kid in a Superman watch to step in and change you.
I've learned to never promise anything in this work, but I'll make an exception for you, patient.
It's you that will be changing me.

Shared with permission from Samuel Joseph 


7 comments:

  1. After a hectic and tiresome life everyone need to be pampered and retiring homes are the best place to go, sit back and relax. I have visited Lancaster, PA nursing homes where old age people actually enjoy their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I get relavant information from your post.
    Nursing Jobs Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi you people are really doing an awesome. I was looking for assisted living Denver Colorado, and found your post. Very Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this great article crazy nurse thing.keep more updates.
    Digital marketing company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

  5. Nice message with lots of information included in the posting.Please find our link
    if you may be interested in ,please refer to
    Nurses & Nurses’ Registries Mailing list & Email list

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blog provided use very important information about The relationship between emotional intelligence, previous caring experience, and successful completion of a pre-registration nursing/midwifery degree. If you want to more information about georgia nursing services

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nursing Care thanks very informative site and like it keep posting

    ReplyDelete

If you like this post let me know by commenting, follow me on Facebook and Twitter (ERNursesCare) ~~ Leslie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Care to Share!